Uses for Rosahl
Rosahl uses a thumbnail size electric dehumidifier for the maintenance free drying of cabinets to protect sensitive equipment from moisture damage.
ROSAHL was developed by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation member company Ryosai Technica in Japan in response to a demand for compact maintenance free, air drying solutions to protect sensitive equipment from moisture damage.
It has since found its way into uses for protecting museum display cabinets, telecommunications equipment, manufacturing processes and electrical cabinets.
ROSAHL is available for various enclosure sizes up to 2m³. The smallest model PD Series is for volumes up to 2 litres, and is 75% smaller than an AA battery. Rosahl is unusual as it will work at below freezing and is capable of of drying to below 10% RH. It can also be used as a humidifier.
Why use Rosahl?
ROSAHL products are extremely versatile and used in a wide variety of applications to humidify or dehumidify enclosed spaces. Applications range from storage areas for sensitive equipment through to challenging external environments such as traffic control cabinets and many other uses. ROSAHL is a low energy moisture extraction system and has a low capacity relative larger conventional (condensing) dehumidifiers.
They are best used in enclosed areas of up to 8m³ (280 ft³). Unlike condensing humidifiers they are small, have no moving parts and are silent: unlike silica gel, they do not need to be regularly recharged or replaced.
Since ROSAHL products use very little energy compared to other types of humidification, they can be left to run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year continuously extracting moisture from an enclosed area without incurring major energy costs. They are maintenance free and may be left for years without concern.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Our FAQ section is lists the questions most frequently asked by users and developers. For ease of use it is divided into four categories and if you cannot find what you need, please contact us
Benefits of Rosahl
ROSAHL dehumidifiers are:
- Silent and vibration free so they can be used virtually anywhere
- Maintenance free to reduce lifetime operating costs
- Drainless, so no water removal or cleaning is required
- Ultra compact, reliable solid state construction for a long life
- Environmentally friendly design with low power consumption
- Available also for use as humidifiers or for balancing precious environments
Uses for Rosahl
With the smallest version the size of a thumbnail, there are few locations where ROSAHL dehumidifiers cannot be used. They are suitable for a wide range of applications and can be used almost anywhere there is an electrical supply available, including protecting CCTV cameras. Other popular applications include protecting:
Who uses Rosahl?
Customers purchasing ROSAHL products include:
- Sanyo (outdoor monitors UK),
- Smiths Industries (baggage security detectors UK)
- Stopworm (Musuem cabinets France).
- Engtek (External monitors, Singapore)
- Bruker, Optics (Lasers, Germany)
- Jenoptik (Lasers, Germany)
- Guyot (Musuem cabinets France)
- White Water (Laboratory cabinets, USA)
- Preservatech (Museum cabinets-Canada)
- Vivotek (CCTV cameras-Taiwan)