Using Rosahl membranes
The dehumidifying SPE membrane is mounted in a plastic case which is installed in the side of the enclosure to be dehumidified. It can also be use to humidify and balance humidity when fitted with the appropriate controls
Using ROSAHL to dehumidify an enclosure or cabinet is a simple process and starts with selection of the module type. Membranes are generally supplied as components to enable the installer to mount them as needed, however one unit comprising membrane and power supply in a plastic case is available (see RDH-3P1): this 86-264 volt a.c. unit is CE marked and RoHS 2 compliant.
Rosahl dehumidifying membrane
In its basic form, ROSAHL is available as a membrane only and may be built into a customised cabinet. Five sizes are available and single membranes are suitable for cabinets up to 2m³: further units may be added if needed. A humidistat for controlling the humidity level is not supplied but may be used with an appropriate control circuit. A suitable 3V D.C. power supply is required to power the ROSAHL membrane.
The primary criterion for the correct selection of Rosahl is the size of the enclosure. However, there are many variables in controlling humidity such as temperature, initial and target humidity and these are considered later.
PD & RD Series for dehumidifying enclosures up to 2 litres
Type PD is a screw-in membrane dehumidifier suitable for use in a fine pitch M12 fixing (M12 P0.5). The flange diameter is 17mm and length 11mm. It is installed from the outside and connected internally.
Type RD is a flat membrane dehumidifier measuring 24 x 30 x 5.5mm. Models are available for installing inside or outside the enclosure to be dehumidified.
Type MDL for dehumidifying enclosures up to 2m³
The MDL Series is a flat membrane dehumidifier and available in three models according to enclosure size; larger volumes can be accommodated using two or more membranes.
Rosahl membrane only (no power supply or humidity controller)
|Applicable volume m³ *1||<0.002||<0.002||<0.5||<1||<2|
|Element Terminal Voltage||3VDC|
|Power Consumption (W) *2||0.08||0.08||2||3||4|
|Operating temperature (°C)||-10 to +50|
Notes: *1 Assumes sealed state enclosure. *2 Average power consumption over a year. *3 M12 x P0.5 thread
Refer to the user manuals in the download section of this site. In addition, please note the following points to help you use Rosahl correctly. If you are in any doubt about the suitability of Rosahl for your application, please contact us.
- Rosahl is not intended a domestic product and must be installed by a qualified person.
- Rosahl is designed for dehumidifying steady-state (sealed) enclosures or cabinets
- Rosahl is a verify efficient dehumidifier and can reduce the relative humidity (RH) in an enclosure to 10% or lower. Check carefully in your application and install a humidity controller if required.
- Power consumption figures are the expected daily average based on our evaluation
- When the RH is high Rosahl works harder. This means it draws a high current and can get hot. As the humidity inside the enclosure falls, the current and temperature fall proportionately.
- When unpowered, Rosahl will allow humidity to balance across the membrane
- Refer to the FAQ section or contact us for specific applications
Go to the selection information
For outline drawings and installation manuals for all versions of Rosahl go to the documentation section